In the spirit of the 25th anniversary celebration of the franchise, Crystal Dynamics is collaborating with famous and talented artists throughout the year to bring you a wide array of unique box art reimaginations of the main Tomb Raider games. In this reimagining series, you can expect comic Lara, anime Lara, photo-real Lara, and so on.
In October a very legendary name, Yoshitaka Amano (Japanese artist, character designer, illustrator and a theater and film scenic designer and costume designer) reimagines the cover art of 2013's Tomb Raider.
Amano created a sumi-e (ink wash painting) atmosphere with a dignified Lara and added a cherry blossom petal treatment in the background.
Crystal Dynamics' Franchise Art Director, Brenoch Adams finished this piece by adding an illustrated logo.
By clicking on his art below you can download wallpaper (both desktop & mobile) variations and social banners, plus a printable cover template of the piece. You can also read the artist's notes here:
The reimagined covers:
View the embedded image gallery online at:
- Tomb Raider I, Featuring Lara Croft by Brenoch Adams
- Tomb Raider II, Starring Lara Croft by Babs Tarr
- Tomb Raider III: Adventures of Lara Croft by Paul 'Zeronis' Kwon
- Tomb Raider IV: The Last Revelation by Andy Park
- Tomb Raider V: Chronicles by Megan Lara
- Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness by Stephanie Rew
- Tomb Raider: Legend by Nagu
- Tomb Raider: Anniversary by Brenoch Adams
- Tomb Raider: Underworld by Laura H. Rubin
- Tomb Raider (2013) by Yoshitaka Amano
- Rise of the Tomb Raider by Akihiko Yoshida
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider by Ross Tran
- Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light by Monster Draw
- Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris by Adam Hughes
- Tomb Raider Reloaded by Melanie Herrmann